Any customer under suspicion in connection with money laundering will be investigated. The investigators will require the records to enable them to follow an audit trail.
The things the investigators might need to find out include:
- The potential beneficiaries of the client account.
- The volume of funds/transactions flowing through the account.
- The original source of the funds.
- How funds were paid in or withdrawn, for example cash or cheque.
- The identity of the person making the transaction.
- The destination of the funds.
- How the instruction and authority were given, and in what form.