By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the background and purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Understand what the 8 principles of data protection are and understand how they relate to the workplace.
- Know what is expected of businesses in respect to data security, including the penalties for those who break the law.
- Know what rights data subjects have under the Data Protection Act.
Topics to be Covered
The topics covered in this section are:
- The background of data protection
- Key definitions