If an address needs to be verified, it can be done using:
- Recent utility bill or certificate from a supplier of utilities confirming the arrangement to pay for services on pre-payment terms.
- Local authority tax bill (valid for the current year).
- Bank/building society or credit union passbook with current address.
- Local council rent card or tenancy agreement.
- If an individual client is not able to produce evidence of his/her identity then a responsible person such as solicitor, doctor etc who knows the client can confirm their identity and permanent address if they have one.