Welcome to the course!
In this course you will learn about your role as a health and social care worker:
• You will firstly be looking at your role and some of the tasks, skills and knowledge that you might be expected to undertake.
• The standards and codes of practice which define how you should behave and carry out your work.
• The reasons why you must work in ways that have been agreed by your employer.
• The rights and responsibilities that you have as an employee.
• Understand the different types of relationships that you will build whist working in the health and social care sector, from service users to colleagues, managers and other professionals.
• The importance of working in close partnership in providing a high standard of personal care.