Aim: The course aims to give a comprehensive understanding of food safety and the management of food safety in the business.
Content: The course covers the following topics:
- Food Borne Illnesses
- Physical Contamination of Food
- Food Storage, Temperature Control and Preservation
- Design and Construction of Food Premises and Equipment
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Pest Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Training Strategies
- Management Control Techniques
Successful completion of the course will enable candidates to:
- Contribute to the management of hygiene in a wide variety of food businesses
- Determine further training requirements
- Identify areas for legal compliance
- Determine good practice
- Understand the relevance of HACCP in improving foodsafety
- Promote and encourage good standards of food safety
- Liaise with enforcement officers
Course Structure: The course content is available online, learners are supplied with a unique username and password to access the course. Learners work through the learning material at their own pace and speed, completing the online activities, discussions, chats and assignments.
Duration: Approximately 40 hours to complete the course in full. Learn as much as you want in any session and return.
Time: Enrol at any time and learn at your own pace. No time limit for course completion.
Support: Full tutor (food safety specialist) and IT support available during the course via e-mail & discussion boards.
Entry Requirements: Level 3 Award in Food Safety or relevant industry knowledge
Assessment: Testing is continuous throughout the learning, through a series of coursework activities, which are submitted to a tutor for feedback and two final written assessed assignments.
If you plan to deliver externally assessed food hygiene training please contact us before booking as further criteria apply.
Cost: £350.00 – – discounts available for multiple purchases – contact us for further details.
Certification: This course is externally certificated by OCN
This award will enable the holder to demonstrate to the regulators that they have been properly trained in accordance with the national occupational standards and legal requirements.
Further Progression: Level 4 Award in HACCP
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.