Welcome to this course covering infection prevention and control.
Infection and infectious diseases are all major causes of illness and death. Unlike other diseases such as heart diseases and diabetes, can spread from person to person. As in the case of all illnesses, prevention is better than cure.
In this course, you will learn:
• What is meant by the term infection
• The main ways an infection can get into the body
• How your health and hygiene might pose a risk
• Personal protective clothing, equipment and procedures
• The safe handling of infected or soiled linen and clinical waste.