Welcome to this module covering basic life support
In this module you will learn:
• The legislation that relates to basic life support
• The required personal protective equipment (PPE) when carrying out basic life support
• The equipment used for first aid
• The actions involved in basic life support
• How to carry out cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• How to Identify and treat an obstructed airway
• Confidentiality and record keeping.
PLEASE NOTE: COMPLETION OF THIS MODULE WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR COMPETENCE THAT YOU NEED TO BECOME A FIRST-AIDER. YOU MUST ATTEND A REGULATED AND PRACTICAL COURSE. STUDY ACADEMY OFFERS ONE DAY AND 3 DAY FIRST AID COURSES.